Publishers Weekly interviews two librarians about what they have on their wishlist.
Ten years after launching Flux, its YA fiction imprint, New Age publisher Llewellyn Worldwide has sold it to another Twin Cities company, North Star Editions, which publishes books for children and teens.
From Publishers Weekly Children’s Bookshelf
Kaylan Adair has been promoted to senior editor at Candlewick Press; she was previously editor.
Adrienne Szpyrka will join Running Press Kids as associate editor on July 11. Previously, she was an editor at Sky Pony Press.
The Erin Murphy Literary Agency has promoted Tara Gonzalez to associate agent. She will continue as social media coordinator and assistant to Erin Murphy.
Peachtree Publishers has three promotions. Niki Knippenberg was promoted to assistant editor; she was previously publicity and publishing associate. Emily Dowdell was promoted to publicity and marketing associate; she was previously sales/marketing and subsidiary rights assistant. Elyse Vincenty was promoted to publicity and marketing assistant; she was previously interdepartmental assistant.
From Publisher’s Lunch:
The 5oth Globe-Horn Book Award winners were announced, including Costa winner Hardinge and NBA-nominated Sheinkin:
Fiction: The Lie Tree, Frances Hardinge
Nonfiction: Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War, Steve Sheinkin
Picture book: Jazz Day: The Making of a Famous Photograph, Roxane Orgill, illustrated by Francis Vallejo.
PW has published a story about a picture book that was written to help Booktender’s Secret Garden, a local (to me) bookshop that sells picture books.
Publisher’s Lunch reported a variety of moves in the children’s publishing industry:
Simon & Schuster Children’s has announced a number of recent promotions:
- Dorothy Gribbin has been promoted to director, managing editorial for S&S Books for Young Readers, Atheneum, Margaret K. McElderry, Paula Wiseman, Beach Lane, and Saga Press.
- Jeannie Ng moves up to senior managing editor for Atheneum and Saga Press.
- Christine Marshall has been promoted to managing editor for Little Simon and Simon Spotlight.
- Mandy Veloso moves up to production editor, Aladdin and Simon Pulse.
- Marissa Marks has been promoted to production editor, Simon Spotlight, S&S Books for Young Readers and Saga Press.
At Little, Brown Children’s:
- Becky Munich has joined in the newly created role of associate art director. Previously she was associate art director at HarperCollins Children’s.
- Karina Granda has joined as senior designer, previously a designer at Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers.
- Nisha Panchal-Terhune has been promoted to associate production director.
Just a reminder that there will be an E PA SCBWI Meet and Greet on Monday.
Eastern PA members, Anita Nolan and Virginia Law Manning are hoping to meet children’s book authors and illustrators at a Bucks County Meet & Greet in Lahaska, PA on Monday May 23rd. Come join us for lively book chat, networking and beverages at Saxby’s Coffee in Peddler’s Village, Lahaska.
What: Bucks County Meet & Greet
Where: Saxby’s Coffee, 58 Peddler’s Village (Rte 263) in Lahaska, PA.
When: Monday, May 23, 9:15 AM – 10:45 AM (more or less)
Why: Casual conversation with some book-obsessed SCBWI members
Who: Please contact me with questions.
No RSVPs necessary.